On Tuesday, Nov. 26, the main witness for the prosecution in Vybz Kartel’s murder trial, testified that on the 14th of August, 2011 he and Clive Williams visited Williams’ sister’s house in Waterford St Catherine.

TRIAL UPDATE Vybz Kartel - Main Witness Testifies Missing Gun

The main witness for the prosecution in ’s murder trial, this morning (Tuesday, Nov. 26) testified that on the 14th of August, 2011 he and Clive Williams visited Williams’ sister’s house in Waterford St Catherine.

The prosecution’s lead witness, testified  that he and Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams were taken to a house in Havendale, St Andrew owned by Vybz Kartel to account for missing guns.

He testified that Shawn ‘Storm’ Campbell was also in the taxi that took them to the house.

Campbell he said had earlier assured them no harm would come to them and allowed Williams to speak with Kartel via a cellular phone.

He said that when they arrived at the Swallowfield Avenue residence Kartel invited them inside and begun questioning them about the firearm.

From an exclusive source, these are the statements from the witness for persecution in court, today:

He testified that he was present at a house on Swallowfield Avenue in Havendale, St Andrew on August 16, 2011 when Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams was attacked.

The witness, who was surrounded by a security detail of about 10 police officers, said he and Williams were summoned by Kartel, whose real name is Adidja Palmer, to the house to give account for two illegal firearms that went missing while in their care.

He was accompanied to the house by Campbell in a taxi driven by a man known as ‘Nefa’, who he begged not to leave him. He said, after a brief exchange between Kartel and Williams, Kartel invited them inside.

“Lizard say he gave ‘Browns’ the gun to put back, so Mr Palmer say, ‘So wha unu plan fi do?’ Lizard say we plan fi buy dem back. Kahira hold Lizard backway. I saw that, and after that I ran in a room. I think something was going happen to me to,” the witness said.

The witness said he attempted to lock himself into a room at the back of the house, but was prevented from doing so by Kartel and Campbell, who forced the door open.

He said Kartel assured him that everything was all right, embraced him and brought him back into the living room where Lizard was.

“Mi notice Lizard was on the ground, and him wasn’t moving. Kahira was over him and ‘Mad Suss’ (St John) was beside him with a block,” he said.

“What kind of block?” Justice Lennox Campbell then asked.

“Block what you use to build,” he answered.

He said other men were in the house peeping out from other rooms.

“Lizard was lying on his back,” he said.

At that point the witness said he slipped from Kartel’s grasp and escaped.

“Mi jump the first gate, and then jump the big red gate. Mi run go straight up the road,” he said.

The witness testified that while he was running he heard Kartel behind him shouting that everything was all right, and that he had been bitten by his own pit bull.

He said he then stopped a cab and Kartel and himself went to the Andrews Memorial Hospital where Kartel was treated by a female doctor for the dog bite.

While there, he said, Kartel again assured him that everything was all right.

After leaving the hospital, the witness told the court, Kartel went to a guest house, while he went back to his home community of Waterford in Portmore, St Catherine.

He said he saw Campbell and inquired about Williams.

“Mi ask him what happen to Lizard, and him say [if] anybody ask me, mi must tell them say Lizard never come inna the car,” he said.

He also said after he was asked by residents about Lizard he told them what had transpired.

The witness testified that two days before the incident at the Havendale house, he and Williams were very scared after the guns went missing and went to Williams’ sister’s house.

He said he overheard Williams speaking to Jones on a cellphone and asked him to beg Kartel for him. Jones, he said, assured Williams that no harm would come to him.

The witness also testified that he was a close friend of Campbell and had gone to countless stage shows with him, and had even travelled with Campbell to a stage show in St Maarten.

Clive Williams is believed to have been killed on August 16, 2011 at a House in Havendale, St Andrew.

Kartel and several others including, entertainer Shawn ‘Shawn Storm’ Campbell, Andre St John, Kahira Jones and Shane Williams are charged with Williams’ murder.

Fashion designer Calvin Hay another suspect in the killing was freed last week.

Stay up-to-date with the latest .

Send this to a friend