There are a number of Reggae/ Rastafarian quotes that have surfaced over the years, inspiring us in varied ways.
Here’s a compilation of 20 quotes that are sure to keep you thinking.
A great collection of 20 Rastafarian and Reggae-inspired quotes to enjoy, and share.
1. The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. – Bob Marley
2. I don’t know where life will lead me, but I know where I’ve been. I can’t say what life will show me, but I know what I’ve seen. Tried my hand at love and friendship, but all that is passed and gone. This little boy is moving on. – Jimmy Cliff
3. Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet. – Bob Marley
4. I’ve abused myself a lot over the years. But my voice is still intact – really, it’s better. – Jimmy Cliff
5. This world was not created piecemeal. Africa was born no later and no earlier than any other geographical area on this globe. Africans, no more and no less than other men, possess all human attributes, talents and deficiencies, virtues and faults. – Haile Selassie I
6. Peace is a day-to-day problem, the product of a multitude of events and judgments. Peace is not an ‘is’, it is a ‘becoming’. – Haile Selassie I
7. A man who says “I have learned enough and will learn no further” should be considered as knowing nothing at all. – Haile Selassie I
8. Sometimes that is why you might even stay in the bathroom for even half an hour, making that water running all over, just singing. – Dennis Brown
9. Well, until this very day, I’m still learning. – Dennis Brown
10. I don’t stand for the black man’s side; I don’t stand for the white man’s side. I stand for God’s side. – Bob Marley
11. In the beginning there was the word. The word was Jah. The word is in I, Jah is in I. I make what is good, better, and what is better, best. I follow this in every aspect of life. – Peter Tosh
12. Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life you living? – Bob Marley
13. In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty. – Bob Marley
14. Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph. – Haile Selassie I
15. Life and Jah are one in the same. Jah is the gift of existence. I am in some way eternal, I will never be duplicated. The singularity of every man and woman is Jah’s gift. What we struggle to make of it is our sole gift to Jah. The process of what that struggle becomes, in time, the Truth. – Bob Marley
16. The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude. – Dennis Brown
17. A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on its own wings. Always believe in yourself. – Unknown
18. You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice. – Bob Marley
19. Me only have one ambition, y’know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together – black, white, Chinese, everyone – that’s all. – Bob Marley
20. Just can’t live that negative way…make way for the positive day! – Bob Marley
Do you have a favourite quote that is inspired from Reggae music or the Rastafarian Culture?
Please share them in the comments section!