According to TheRichest.com, this is a list of the top ten richest Jamaican entertainers.
1) Bob Marley, the musical legend, even in death supersedes all others. If he were alive it is estimated that he would be worth a whopping $150 million.
2) Shaggy is known worldwide as he made his debut more than a decade ago. His album ‘Hot Shot’ sold platinum in the United States and is estimated to have sold about 20 million copies. Shaggy’s net worth is $22 million.
3) Jimmy Cliff, his movie ‘The Harder They Come’, made huge waves, spreading the message of Rastafarianism and the Reggae Movement worldwide. Cliff was inducted into the Rock N’ Roll Hall of Fame in 2010. He is worth $15 million.
4) Sean Paul is among the most successful Caribbean artistes. His album ‘Dutty Rock’ sold more than six million copies and earned him a Grammy. He also has several collaborations with international stars such as Beyonce. He is worth approximately $12 million.
5) Ziggy Marley, another son of musical legend Bob Marley has been steering the Tuff Gong Label, which was founded by his father. Ziggy has earned three Grammy Awards and is worth $10 million.
6 )Damian Marley, one of the most successful sons of Bob Marley has gained international recognition, earning three Grammy Awards to date. His albums have gone gold in the United States and he continues to rise. He is worth $10 million.
7) Maxi Priest has released nine albums in the last three decades; his music has infiltrated top charts in the United States and United Kingdom. His net worth is $4.6 million.
8) Buju Banton, the embattled Buju Banton is currently serving time in an American prison, however this veteran entertainer played an important role taking dancehall music worldwide. He is worth approximately $4 million.
9) Beenie Man since the release of ‘Zim Zimma’ back in 2007, Beenie has grown into a full-fledged artiste, he is said to be worth about $3.7 million.
10) Bounty Killer –The ‘Grung Gad’, who has influenced numerous other artistes, such as incarcerated entertainer Vybz Kartel is said to be worth an estimated US$3 million.
Updated: Jan. 8, 2014