If the white sand beaches, perfect climate and friendly locals are not enough, here are 5 more reasons Jamaica should be the next spot on your travel agenda!
- Round Hills Hotel and Villas, located just 8 miles outside of Montego Bay, has wowed guests like Jackie Kennedy and Grace Kelly with its open-air living areas and beautifully designed, luxury rooms. The resort also features semi-private pools, cottage housekeepers and a variety of activities including tennis, water sports and spa treatments. The Round Hills Hotel and Villas is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the laid back atmosphere of Jamaica.
- The Half Moon (A RockResort) located near the infamous Rose Hall, is all-inclusive luxury at its finest. Guests can choose from the beautiful 197 room hotel or stay in one of the 33 Royal Villas that each have their own butler, cook and housekeeper. The resort features a multitude of children’s activities including the Anancy children’s village where your kids can spend the day while you hit the golf course or relax at the spa. You can also swim with the resort’s two bottle-nosed dolphins for a true one-of-a-kind experience.
- If you are looking for a more adult-centered resort, Couples Sans Souchi is just what you are looking for. Located in Ocho Rios, the all-inclusive resort encourages romance and rejuvenation with their couple’s spa treatments and their exclusive healing mineral spring. You can reconnect with the one you love during the numerous daily activities designed specifically for couples and by dancing the night away to the island’s famous reggae beat.
- Jamaica’s most popular attraction, Dunn’s Falls, is located near the city of Ocho Rios. The 600 feet of cascading water that make up the falls are one of Jamaica’s most beautiful treasures. You can hike up the expanse of the falls and take a swim in the many pools of water along the way.
- If you love marine life, check out Dolphin’s Cove in Montego Bay. You can spend the day swimming with some of the most beautiful creatures of the sea including dolphins, sharks and stingrays. The cove also offers activities such as taking in the exotic underwater sea life on a glass-bottomed kayak, taking a mini-boat to explore the Jamaican coastline or interacting with snakes, birds and iguanas on the Jungle Walk.
- Are you looking for a thrilling, active excursion to keep your entire family entertained? Mystic Mountain Rainforest Adventures in Ocho Rios offers an array of exciting attractions including an awesome bobsled ride through the forests of Mystic Mountain, the Sky Explorer chairlift that takes you over 700 feet above the rainforest and an exhilarating zip line where your feet are guaranteed not to hit the ground from start to finish!
If you’ve visited Jamaica in the past, tell us the highlights of your trip in the comment section below.