Mavado’s son was denied bail and has been committed to stand trial for murder.
Last year, the teenager son of the Dancehall star was charged jointly with 23-year-old Andre Hines for the June 5, 2018 murder of Lorenzo Thomas, otherwise called ‘Israel’ or ‘Trulups’, who was shot, chopped and burned to death at his home in Cassava Piece, St Andrew.
The “Big League” deejay’s son and Hines were charged with conspiracy to murder, arson, shooting with intent and illegal possession of firearm and ammunition.
Mavado’s son had also been accused of giving his co-accused an order to behead Thomas. A witness statement given to the police alleges that the juvenile gave the instruction, accrding to reports.
“Memba di boss want him head,” the juvenile allegedly said to Hinds.
Reports further stated that Hinds allegedly attempted to carry out the order but only managed to partially sever Thomas’s head. However, the teenager denied the allegations when he appeared in the Corporate Area Criminal Court on Wednesday, June 27, 2018.
On Wednesday, Attorney-at-law Bert Samuels, who is representing Mavado’s son, told media reporters that the teenager last appeared in the Kingston and St Andrew Parish Court in December 2018, at which time it was recommended that the matter be sent to the Supreme Court for trial.
The teen has repeatedly been denied bail since he was picked up by the police in June 2018, and remains in custody.
“The problem with getting bail for him was that he came before the court with murder and three other charges,” Samuels explained.
Last year June, investigators had ordered Mavado to turn himself into the authorities for questioning. His son, recording artiste Chase Cross, and other relatives were detained at the Constant Spring lock-up in relation to the flare-up of violence in the entertainer’s Cassava Piece, St Andrew, community. Mavado’s other relatives were subsequently released.
The violence sparked in the community last year after Mavado was shot at following a dispute, according to multiple sources.